Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Equipment Update Report

Princeton Tec Headlamps - I tested the 1 watt EOS at 50 lumens and 105 grams, the Fuel at 35 lumens and 78 grams and the Scout at 16 lumens and 45 grams. The EOS gives a very bright beam if you are doing night hiking, particularly stream crossings. The Fuel is lighter and provides adequate light for most night hiking. The Scout is very light and is great for around camp. The EOS is waterproof and the Fuel and Scout offer a degree of waterproofness. I give them all 5 out of 5 points, for their intended use.

Lafuma Sky Race Trail Running Shoes - the upper and lower lace tension on these shoes can be adjusted independently with cord locks. These worked very well. The shoes were light and fit fairly well. I give them 4 out of 5 points.

End Sumptown 10 oz. Trail Running Shoes - since the Sumptown 8.5 oz. shoes have been discontinued, I think these are the lightest trail shoes available. My feet seemed to have extra spring in them. My feet stayed cool. They fit well and the soft shell fabric kept out dust and moisture better than mesh shoes. These are my favorites. I give them 5 out of 5 points.

No comments:

Post a Comment